Sunrise Events, the producers of XTERRA La Union in The Philippines, just announced that the 2017 edition of this event will be cancelled. See the details from the event producers below.
February 16, 2017 – We regret to inform you that XTERRA Off Road Triathlon (North) in La Union will not push through on March 26. It is with deep sadness that we had to come to this decision, as we were very recently made aware that the Host Province cannot support the event as originally intimated.
Staging a world class event requires full commitment and support from the host province. This is far and beyond any commercial support — it requires genuine sincerity and passion to host the event in the Province.
With just over a month away from the event, we at Sunrise have made the decision to cancel as we are not confident of staging a top-class event. We sincerely regret the inconvenience.
As such, we would like to offer you the following
- All registered athletes will receive a free bike jersey and medal by courier to the address provided on your entry. This includes duathlon participants and all the members of the relay team. Expect delivery in the next four weeks.
- Registration Fee will be refunded in full following the refund process of 45 – 60 days for credit cards.
- Registration may also be transferred to the XTERRA Off Road Triathlon April 23 in Danao, Cebu, or any Sunrise Events, Inc.’s event (Ironman 70.3 or 5150 Triathlon, excluding Cebu). Requests for transfer should be received by March 5, or a refund will be issued.
- Hotel bookings made through Sunrise Events will be refunded in the next 10 days.
- Air Fare / tickets will be refunded upon complete submission of proof of non-cancellation, no-reroute invoice from airline.
If you wish to a transfer to another event, request an airfare refund, or have any questions, please contact [email protected]
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and we ask for your continued trust and understanding that this decision was made with your best interest.
–SUNRISE EVENTS, INC.